TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME
LimeLight is an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment, also known as photo-facial therapy or photo rejuvenation. The Cutera® Limelight facial targets imperfections in the skin caused by photodamage and also naturally occurring redness from skin trauma and rosacea. We can treat the neck and face and target conditions such as uneven skin tone, brown spots, spider veins, melasma, redness, and rosacea.
+ HOW Does limelight work?
Treatments are around twenty minutes each. The skin is first treated with a cooling gel, then a hand-held device delivers small bursts of intense light to the targeted areas. Penetration depth and degree of heat is controlled and safe. This is a non-invasive treatment that improves the look and feel of the skin without the pain and downtime of other services. The procedure is repeated until the issues have been cleared up.
+ WHAT AREaS CAN IT TREAT?
All areas of the body can be treated including the face, neck, chest, back, hands, arms, legs and feet.
+ WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM A LIMELIGHT FACIAL?
This treatment is great for men and women with all different skin types. If you have any of the following conditions, you should consider LimeLight:
- Age & Sun Spots
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Pregnancy Mask
- Broken Capillaries
- Facial Spider Veins
- Leg Veins
- Enlarged Pores
- Enlarged Oil Glands
- Mild Acne Scarring
- Port Wine Stains
+ WHO SHOULDN'T GET LIMELIGHT?
While LimeLight is ideal for many clients, there are a few instances where it would not be the best treatment for you. Avoid photofacials if you have any of the following:
- Keloid Scarring
- Increased Skin Pigmentation when healing
- Dark Skin Tones
- Dark Tan
- Extreme Sensitivity To Light
+ HOW DOES THIS PROCEDURE FEEL?
LimeLight is a virtually painless procedure that is comparable to a light snap of an elastic band. Our technician will adjust the intensity specifically to your skin tone and comfort level. The laser device is moved over the treatment areas quickly making the entire procedure over often in under 30 minutes.
+ What needs to be done before the treatment?
Please try to ensure you follow these rules before you come for your LimeLight facial:
- No tanning. You cannot have a tan when you receive LimeLight.
- Stop the use of all Retin-A, Reversa, Glycolic acid products and toners a week before your treatment.
- If possible, come to your appointment without make-up.
- Even though there isn't any down time we recommend not planning major events for two to three days after your first treatment in order to see how your skin reacts.
+ What is the aftercare?
There may be redness and possibly mild blistering or bruising of the treated areas lasting from several hours to 3-14 days. Treated areas may crust, flake, or look raw - this depends on the sensitivity of your skin and the severity of what we are treating.
Might be mild swelling which will go away after a few days.
Dark areas or freckles may crust, turn black and peel off - this is normal. Your skin will be more sensitive for a few days up to a couple weeks after your treatment.
There should be some discomfort, but no significant pain. You can return to your normal activities. If you experience significant redness, swelling, or pain afterwards?
Apply cold compresses every 15 minute. Take Tylenol for discomfort. Avoid the sun or bright lights.
For the first seven days post treatment:
- Avoid hot water on the treated area.
- Keep the area moist and protected with 60 SPF sunscreen.
- Stay out of the sun, ultraviolet light and tanning beds, especially for the next 48 hours to minimize the risk of getting increased pigmentation in the skin. If sun is unavoidable, use sunscreen for at least 4 weeks following treatment. Sun exposure may lead to the production of blotchy dark pigmentation which may take several months to fade.
- Avoid aggressive skin care products such as scrubs, exfoliants, alpha or beta hydroxy acid products.
- Do not use saunas, steam rooms, hot showers or baths.
- Avoid strenuous exercising for 24 hours.
- Keep clothing from rubbing the treated area.
- Do not get hairspray on the treated area.
+ How many treatmetns are needed?
Depending on the severity of the aging and sun damage of the skin, one to three treatments may be needed. In some more severe casses, more treatments may be necessary to achieve your desired results, usually no more than six.
+ What kind of results does LimeLight yield?
Results can be seen within a few weeks of your treatment, once the skin begins to regenerate and expel the pigments that have been heated up by the laser. Redness and discoloured areas will diffuse revealing a more even and brighter complexion. IPL treatments leave a rejuvenated, soft, smooth and even-toned appearance without a lengthy healing time.